Your Health Partnership is a GP led partnership that comprises Regis Medical Centre, Carters Green Medical Centre, Oakham Surgery and Whiteheath Medical Centre.
Now united under one contract, we are one GP practice providing a range of primary and secondary care services to approximately 46,000 patients across Sandwell, West Midlands.
The partnership represents a new and innovative model for providing and organising general practice that moves away from the traditional small business approach to creating a larger GP led organisation which makes better use of resources and expands the range of primary and secondary care services available to their patients.
Your Health Partnership was created in 2011 by our founder practice; Regis Medical Centre. The partnership now includes Carters Green Medical Centre who joined Your Health Partnership in July 2012, Oakham Surgery, who joined the Partnership in April 2014 and Whiteheath Medical Centre, who joined in April 2015.
The GPs formed Your Health Partnership to increase the quality and range of services provided to our patients. The NHS is changing nationally and the demand on GP services is growing largely due to people now living much longer and the increased care provided within primary care and closer to home. The GPs have decided to work together to make the best use of the resources they have and to build a partnership which will provide better and more services for their patients including:
• Larger provision of local services to patients
• Better access to services
• Opportunity to provide more services in the future
Your Health Partnership recognises that general practice environment is changing rapidly, and many practices (both large and small) will find it difficult to deliver the new agenda alone. Your Health Partnership brings together like minded, forward thinking GPs and creates the opportunity to integrate existing neighbouring practices to build an organisation that serves its local community.
Your Health Partnership is a Super-Partnership, that is owned, controlled and run by an executive board of GP partners. It is a single legal entity that is strong, tightly focused and equipped with the drive, capability and resources it needs to succeed.
The benefits of Your Health Partnership are as follows:
• Greater opportunity for clinical specialisation
• Improving Quality Outcome Framework performance
• Clinical governance support
• Performance management support
• Provide enhanced services
• Creative solutions to issues such as access and patient engagement
• Expanding the range of local services that can be provided
• Greater peer-to-peer support
• Budget management e.g. prescribing and commissioning
• Accreditation support
• Flexible career structure for GPs and other clinicians
• Professional development and career opportunities for non clinical staff
• Sickness cover
• Immediate staffing solutions using salaried GPs, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Physician Associates and Clinical Pharmacists
• Managed ‘phased’ retirement opportunities
• Single payroll system
• Assistance in managing communication and discussions with PCT/NCB
• Opportunity for joining GPs to relinquish responsibility and ownership of their property if they so wish
• Greater power and influence within the health economy
GP practices are required to publish the average pay for GPs delivering NHS services to patients at each practice.
The average pay for GPs working in Your Health Partnership in the last financial year was £55,872 before tax and National Insurance. This calulation is based on 27 GPs working a mixture of full-time and part-time hours.