You said, we did; updates to our website and online services
- Posted by Tom Finan
- On 8th November 2019
Thank you to all those who took part in the survey that we ran back in August and September asking for your opinion on our website – a big thank you to all those who took part!
After taking the time to review the results we want to share with you what we learnt from your feedback.
What we learnt
- The information that is currently available is useful
- Visitors find the site easy to navigate
- The look and feel of the wesbite could be improved
- Visitors would like to see more plain text and pictures
- Generally, people do not know that we have a Facebook page or a twitter account
- Amongst the people who responded, Facebook and Youtube are the most popular social media tools
- There are a number of areas that visitors would like to see more information about but as a priority we need need to share or make clearer:
- Information about our appointment system and how it works
- How to leave compliments, comments and complaints
- Our opening hours and what to do when we are closed
- Information about our online services
- Information about the different services that we offer
From the comments we also received the following suggestions:
- To be able to send questions via email
- For YHP to offer some type of video consultation
- To have a better idea of which GPs are working and when
- To offer more appointments online and to be able to book them further in advance
- For us to remove the enormous photo banner from the front page!
What are we doing about it?
As a result of your feedback we have created a plan to address the points that you have raised by the end of December 2019 – as a start you will notice that we have removed the ‘enormous photo banner’ from the homepage!
Our next priority is to look at our online services – we absolutely agee that this needs to be improved.
As part of that work we are pleased to announce that we are extending the booking of online appointments.
From Monday 11th November you will now be able to book up to 2 days in advance rather than just 1 – it might seem like a small change however it is also likely to have a positive impact on our telephones which we know remain an issue for lots of people.
Watch this space for details of other forthcoming changes.