Monday 11th January; COVID-19 Update
- Posted by Tom Finan
- On 11th January 2021
National lockdown: STAY AT HOME
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is spreading fast. Do not leave your home unless you need to.
It is a challenging time for everyone but we must continue to support ourselves and others by following the lockdown guidance – if you do need to leave home then please WASH YOUR HANDS. COVER YOUR FACE. MAKE SPACE.
Here at YHP we are facing the same challenges as our community and we have a number of colleagues, clinical and non-clinical, who are self-isolating; supporting unwell family members; juggling childcare arrangements – this means that at times we are operating at a reduced capacity and therefore people are waiting longer than usual to get the help they need
We thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
The hope on the horizon is the COVID-19 vaccination and our vaccination hub has been up and running since December – you can find out more information about the programme here
Please do not contact us to find out when you will receive your vaccine – all vaccination sites are following the guidance for priority groups as set out by the Joint Committee for Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI).
When the time is right for you to have your vaccine you will be contacted.
In the meantime, if you need us we’ll be here for you – it just might take a little longer than usual!
To be clear:
We are open
Call us or go online
We are open
If you need us then please get in touch:
- The practice is open Monday – Friday 8:00am – 8:00pm, Saturday 8:30am – 11:30am, Sunday 9:00am – 11:00am
- Your first point of contact with a clinician will be on the telephone and/or a video consultation if appropriate – if you need to be seen face to face, then they will arrange for you to be seen at one of our sites; this may be different to the site you usually attend.
- If it is appropriate for you to be seen at home, we will arrange to visit you
- Prescriptions – we will continue to process prescriptions as quickly as possible but please allow 72 hours (3 days) from the date of ordering before collecting your medication. We would encourage everyone to have their prescriptions delivered directly to their chosen pharmacy electronically.
- Ordering prescriptions – There are a few options for you to use. 1) if you’re registered to use online services this is the best way to order your medication at your convenience. If you aren’t currently registered but would like to sign-up, please contact us directly and we can sort it out for you. 2) you can ask your pharmacy to order them for you. 3) You can drop your prescription requests into one of the secure boxes at our practice
- Sick notes to cover self-isolation – These are known as ‘Isolation notes’. If you need to stay at home because of coronavirus and you need a note for your employer, there is an online service you can use: https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note
Call us or go online
Please do not visit any of our buildings without a booked appointment:
- Our telephone lines are open Monday – Friday 8:00am – 8:00pm, Saturday 8:30am – 11:30am, Sunday 9:00am – 11:00am
- If you aren’t sure if a particular service/clinic is running, then please get in touch
- Register for online services to book appointments; order your medication; access information from your record; send a direct message to the practice- if you aren’t using online services but would like to register, we can do this with you over the phone
- If you use Facebook, follow our page @YourHealthPartnership – if you have a question you can post it here or send us a direct message
Please continue to follow the advice with regards to social distancing. The NHS is here to support you – if you need urgent medical help then call 111 or 999 in an emergency situation
If you have any coronavirus symptoms:
- A new, persistent cough
- A fever greater than 37.8C or, if you don’t have a thermometer, you feel hot and uncomfortable
- A loss or change in your sense of smell or taste
Get a test and stay at home
Your Health Partnership
Monday 11th January 2021