Lyndon Primary Care Centre

Tel: 0121 553 0385 All calls are recorded

Alt Text

Lyndon Primary Care Centre is registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) as part of Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust.

*We have moved to our NEW home*

New moving date confirmed – Monday 14th June 2021

You can read the update in our Latest News section 

From Monday 14th June 2021 Carters Green Medical Centre will move to its new home, Lyndon Primary Care Centre. Located within the Sandwell Hospital Site, this brand-new, purpose-built facility, has twenty-two modern clinical rooms offering consulting and treatment space across two floors. We had originally hoped to move into our new home in November 2020 but experienced delays due to the COVID-19 Pandemic; after many months of hard work, we are now ready to welcome patients to the new practice building.

Where is Lyndon Primary Care Centre and how far it is from Carters Green Medical Centre? Lyndon Primary Care Centre is within the Sandwell Hospital site itself next to the main entrance building. It is 1.2 miles away from Carters Green Medical Centre, approximately 5 minutes by car – traffic depending of course!

Will I still be able to go to the old practice on West Bromwich High Street? No. The building itself, Carters Green Medical Centre, will close at 6:30pm on Friday 11th June 2021 and will no longer be open to the public.

Is there a new telephone number to remember? No. To make things easy, we are keeping the same telephone number – 0121 553 0385

Is there parking available and will I have to pay? If you need to go to Lyndon Primary Care Centre, you are welcome to use any of the car parks designated for visitors on the Sandwell Hospital site – we are pleased to confirm that you will not have to pay to park.

The reception team inside Lyndon Primary Care Centre will help you to validate your ticket – you can then use the ticket at the car park exit barriers.

I usually book my appointments online; will this change affect me? Yes. As a patient of Your Health Partnership you can access appointments at any of our sites however we know that some people like to stick to a site that they are used to. Instead of Carters Green Medical Centre, you will now see Lyndon Primary Care Centre in the drop-down menu

Operations Manager – North Hub
Pam Mann

Operations Lead – North Hub
Ann Marie Oram

If you have any questions about the administration and the management of this site, Pam or Ann Marie are available to discuss any suggestions or concerns you may have.

To register or request your repeat medication online, please access Online Reception How Do I Obtain A Repeat Prescription? There are a number of options available to help you to order and manage your repeat medication easily and efficiently. Repeat Prescriptions Online You can now access and order your repeat medication online using a secure, password protected system. Repeat Prescriptions using your local pharmacy If you use the same pharmacy regularly they may be able to order your medication with us directly. Thry will collect the prescription from us or we can send it to them electronically (see EPS Service). Some local pharmacies run a delivery service to assistant patients in obtaining their medication. Repeat Prescriptions using the order form You may wish to request your repeat prescription by completing the order form on the right-hand side of your prescription, or write a note giving a list of your requirements, including your name, date of birth and your address. You may send your written requests by post or place them in the prescription box at Whiteheath Medical Centre or Mace Street Clinic. PLEASE ALLOW 48 HOURS FOR YOUR PRESCRIPTION TO BE PREPARED BEFORE COLLECTION. Remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account. NHS Electronic Prescription Service The Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) is an NHS service. It gives you the chance to change how your GP sends your prescription to the place you choose to get your medicines or appliances from. Click here for more information Repeat Dispensing Service Speak to your doctor to see if you qualify for this service. Once the paperwork is signed you can then take it to your local pharmacy of choice and collect your medication every month from them. Medication Reviews Patients on repeat medication will be asked to speak to a doctor, physician associate or clinical pharmacist at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.

It’s important that if you feel strongly about something that you have the opportunity to have your voice heard. We welcome any and all comments that you wish to make about our services and there are several ways that you can do this:

  • Visit us in the practice
  • Contact us via telephone
  • Contact us via post
  • Complete our online contact form 

It’s important that we know when things aren’t right and if you feel that you need to need to make a more formal complaint then we will support you through our complaints process. Making your complaint

In the first instance, if possible, discuss your complaint with the staff member concerned to see if the issue can be resolved. If the issue cannot be resolved at this stage, please contact the Outlet Supervisor, who will try to resolve the issue and offer you further advice on the complaints procedure. You will be sent/given a copy of our complaints form to complete with as much detail as possible. We will always keep details of your complaint confidential. You will receive acknowledgement of receipt of your complaint within 3 working days. We will contact you either by letter or telephone to arrange a meeting to discuss your complaint and agree with you how this is going to be investigated and the timescales for this to be completed. If you do not raise your complaint immediately, please let us have the details of your complaint within the following timescales:

  • within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem


  • Within 12 months from when the complaint comes to your notice.

Complaining on behalf of someone else
If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, please note we have strict rules of medical confidentiality. We need to know that you have the permission of the other person concerned and they will be asked to complete a consent form, unless they are incapable, because of illness for example, of providing this, when we would normally get signed consent from the next of kin.
Investigating your complaint
When we look into complaints, the Outlet Supervisor will:

  • Ascertain the full circumstances of the complaint.
  • Arrange for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this.
  • Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate.
  • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again.

If you wish to talk to someone who is not involved in your care, you can contact the NHS England Customer Contact Centre on 0300 311 22 33.  They will be able to signpost you through the system, although they will advise you that it is preferable to go through local resolution by contacting us in the first instance. You do, however, still have the right to approach the Customer Contact Centre if you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us.  You can contact them on 0300 311 22 33, by email or by writing to NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT. Please note:  If we have already investigated your complaint under the Health and Social Care Complaints Procedure, then the NHS England Customer Contact Centre cannot review it.  It would have to be forwarded to the Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman, as detailed below.

If you do not feel that your complaint has been resolved satisfactorily
If you do not feel that your complaint has been resolved satisfactorily you have the right to take your complaint to the Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman.  The Ombudsman is independent of government and the NHS.  The service is confidential and free.  There are time limits for making your complaint to the Ombudsman, but these can be waivered if there is good reason to do so. You can contact the Ombudsman on 0845 015 4033 or write to them at: The Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman Millbank Tower Millbank London SW1P  4QP Email: Website:
Independent advice 
You can receive help with your complaint from POhWER – the NHS Complaints Advocacy Service on 0300 456 2370.  They can help you with writing letters and completing forms etc.  Their website is
Complaints about secondary care
If your complaint is about secondary care (a hospital for example), you can contact the Time2Talk team at Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group